Office of Municipal Planning and Development Coordinator
An innovative development planning office of the municipality, with versatile, sincere, trustworthy and diligent employees providing selfless commitment; offers public service and knowledge and to generate and utilize data and information for socio-economic, physical, cultural & environmental development framework for the total growth & progress of the municipality as the Agro-Industrial Center of the South.
The Municipal Planning & Development Office shall pursue the development of a liveable municipality anchored on agro-industrial and sustainable development. We shall provide quality services to plan & formulate economic, social, infrastructure, environmental and other development programs for inter-department coordination in pursuit of the mission and vision of the local government such that the use of the municipality’s land & physical resources yields the greatest benefits to present and future generations.
MANDATES & FUNCTIONS OF MPDC
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council.
- Integrate and organize all sector plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs essential to programs for implementation and evolve plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities in the local government unit concerned in accordance with the approved development plan;
- Formulate comprehensive plan and other development planning documents for consideration of the development councils;
- Promote people participation in development planning with the local government unit.
- Evaluate the income and expenditures patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the local government unit.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other function and duties as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance and;
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the Local Development Council.