The Office is responsible for the appraisal and assessment of all real properties within the political jurisdiction the local government unit is charged to perform the following duties provided under Book II of R.A 7160, The Local Government Code of 1991, which are:
- Ensure that all laws and policies governing the appraisal and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes are properly executed.
- Initiate, review, and recommend changes in policies and objectives,plans and program, techniques, procedures and practices in the valuation and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes.
- Establish a systematic method of real property assessment.
- Install and maintain a real property identification and accounting system;
- Prepare, install and maintain a system of tax mapping showing graphically all properties subject to assessment and gather all data concerning the same;
- Conduct frequent physical surveys to variety and determine whether or real properties within the province are properly listed in the assessment rolls.
- Exercise the function of appraisal and assessment primarily for taxation purposes of all real properties in the local government unit concerned.
- Prepare schedule of the fair market value for the different classes of real properties in accordance with Title Two, Book II of this Code.
- Issue, upon request of any interested party, certified copies of assessment records of real property and all other records relative to its assessment, upon payment of service charge or fee to the treasury.
- Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as maybe prescribed by law or ordinance.
A Revenue generating department providing excellent service to the public through computerization of its operation, ensuring an accurate fair effective administration on assessment and appraisal on real properties that will improve the financial capability of the Municipality towards growth and development.
The Municipal Assessor’s Office of Villanueva is committed to upgrade and modernized the transactions pertaining to Landholdings, buildings and machineries using information technology. To serve its local constituents with fast, efficient, and accurate informants.