Office of the Municipal Accountant
To become exemplary and trustworthy in enforcing laws, rules and regulations relative to sound management and efficient utilization of all government resources with strong internal audit control systems through a dynamic, innovative and devoted staff who adheres strictly to moral, spiritual and ethical standards for the welfare of all Villanuevanons.
We aim to provide competent, timely and reliable financial reports necessary in making comprehensive decisions to provide proficient support to the Municipality’s effort in uplifting the quality of life of its constituents while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism in honor of public trust.
- Install and maintain an internal audit system in the Municipality;
2. Prepare and submit financial statement to the Municipal Mayor and to the Sangguniang Bayan concerned;
3. Appraise the Sangguniang Bayan and other local government officials on the financial condition and operations of the LGU concerned;
4. Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
5. Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
6. Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries / allowances, reimbursements and remittances pertaining to the LGU;
7. Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
8. Post individuals disbursements to the subsidiary ledger and index cards;
9. Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the Municipality pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
10. Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures and equipment including disposal thereof, if any;
11. Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain to keep all records and reports related thereto;
12. Prepare journal and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
13. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law or ordinance.